Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trevin's first talk

Trevin was assigned to give a talk in primary this week. It is his very first talk and he is very excited. He's done the prayer and scripture before and did a great job. So last Sunday while Gage was at Bishopric meetings. Trevin and I wrote out his talk. The topic was "I can be blessed for following the prophet."
We practiced with him on Sunday and he was already doing really well by the time Gage got home. Sunday night he did his talk for Sugar and chief. Then again on Monday for family home evening he gave it as part of the lesson. He also did it for Grandma Goo and Papa on Monday. Thursday we practiced again and took video to email to all our out of state family. By Sunday he was a pro, maybe we practiced too much. He could read it really fast by Sunday morning when we reviewed before church. I just reminded him right before primary to say it slow.
He was so excited to sit on the "TALK" chair. (Gage and I went and sat in the back of the primary room.) When it was his turn he got up and walked to the pulpit. He adjusted the mic. Then the Primary president asked if he needed help. He looked at her, shook his head and waved his hand and said, "No, I got this." And he did a fantastic job!!!
(You'll have to scroll to the bottom of the blog and pause the music to hear.)

This is what he is reading...
Translated...
"Our prophet teaches me what Jesus wants me to do.
If I listen to the prophet Jesus is happy.
I can listen to the prophet at General Conference.
The prophet teaches me the commandments.
Jesus loves to bless me for following 
the prophet. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

 I was so proud of him for working so hard and being so excited. I love this little man!

No comments: