Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quarantined!

We've been sick again at our house. Chey spiked a fever Saturday night and it lasted until last night (hopefully it doesn't come back). We rotated between Ibuprofen and Tylenol to keep it down. She is acting much happier and healthier today. To accompany her fever she has a nasty cough and boogery nose. It keeps her up at night even her humidifier doesn't seem to be helping this one much. She keeps a box of tissues and a cup of water next to her bed so she has them close. Poor girl hasn't slept much in the last couple of nights.
Sunday was interesting...Last week Gage switched calling yet again and is now in the bishopric. So this Sunday we both got the opportunity to speak in church. Try coordinating that one when one child has to stay home and both parents have to be at church. I convinced Janae to come hang out at our house for an hour and had someone else teach my YW class. So what to do with Levi while I spoke? I had a plan, give him to whoever sat behind us in church... and that is exactly what I did! It all worked out. 
Of coarse having one sick child isn't enough so Sunday night Trevin decided to get a nasty runny nose. Which by Monday afternoon was pink eye, I'm sure from rubbing buggers into his eye. Don't worry we used the old neosporin trick and  it is basically gone today.
Now I'm sure you're wondering what happened to Levi in all of this... He was quarantined! Yes we decided it would be easier to quarantine the healthy one. He was stuck in my room with the toddler gate blocking Trevin and Cheyenne from getting in. Gage and I wash our hands before touching Levi or anything in our room really to try to keep at least one of the spaces in our house healthy for him. On top of that we have used lots of Lysol in the last few days, I feel like I am constantly spraying or wiping something down.
So far so good, I think we are on the recovery side of things and Levi is doing great. Prayer is a powerful thing and I think someone up above has definitely been watching out for the little man. I'll take all the help I can get. 

No comments: