Friday, July 27, 2012

half a year.

Levi is six months old.  He weighs 20.5 lbs. and is in the 99th percentile for height.  
He is just figuring out how to sit in the tripod position and thinks he is pretty cool. 
He loves to be on his tummy and rolls everywhere!!! He will roll until he can't get any further. Which usually results in him getting stuck somewhere... like under the piano. 
 One day I left Levi on the floor in his room listening to Trevin read. When I came back I couldn't see him.
Don't worry he hadn't gone far. He was just hiding under the bed. 
 Before long he had even found some toys to play with. 

Levi is such a content baby. That's the best way to describe him. Happy no matter what is going on around him, being held or not, and he can still sleep through just about anything. Lately he has decided that sleeping on the floor with all the chaos is fine with him as long as he has a blanket and can be on his tummy. 

 Trevin and Cheyenne are still great helpers. They love to play with Levi and make him laugh. 
At his 6month appointment we were told that no helmet would be needed for his head. YAY! and at the same time, erg. I don't really think it has improved much over the last two months. I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night to make sure he is still looking to the right. It would have been nice to have the helmet to do the work even if it did cause stares. Our doctor recommended jimmy rigging his car seat so he couldn't look to the left while we were running errands. I tried everything. But Levi can grab and move anything I stick by his head. Finally I decided a hat was the only option. So I quickly sewed a hat that has foam in it to prevent him from turning his head. And after a week of wearing it I think it's helping. Problem is I've found Levi with it off twice already. I don't know how long it will last. Oh well. No one can say I haven't tried. 
All the stress of the plagiocephaly fades away when I see this smile. ( I see it often!)
 

No comments: