Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentines Weekend

We had a great Valentines day weekend. Not your typical date night celebration... we made the festivities last all weekend. We spent Saturday morning at Ogden's Winter Fest. Trevin fell asleep in the truck on the way there, then slept through the transfer to the stroller and even slept through the noise as the snowmobiles raced past us. We woke him up after a while and he loved watching the snowmobiles, almost as much as Cheyenne did. We also watched the Human Dog Sled races, which were pretty entertaining. Trevin loved seeing the cowboys and their horses. He kept yelling "A horse" and "Look Cowboy Hat." What a fun morning. Next up was a delicious Rib, mashed potato and home made rolls lunch. (OK not actually part of the Valentines Day Weekend) The Crabtree February birthday Party was Saturday afternoon, but let me tell you... It was so much better than anywhere we could have gone out to eat! YUM!
After the party we continued our date with a late showing of Avitar 3-D, this time with out kids. I loved the movie, and didn't mind at all that it was 3 hrs long. It was fun to have a night out with my valentine.
Sunday morning we got any early start (9 o'clock church) we got up and the kids got baths and we were running around like crazy trying to get out of the house. I was hurrying Trevin down the stairs to eat breakfast when I saw a very large bouquet of balloons on the table. Gage is so sweet and decided that since I didn't remember getting flowers last year he would make a bigger impression this year. I think they are pretty cool and something that I'm sure to remember.

I love you Gage!

1 comment:

David and Camillia said...

It sounds like you guys have a great weekend! I love reading your posts. Your kids are growing up so fast!