Saturday, January 16, 2010

CHOP CHOP

I have always cut Trevin's hair with out the slightest bit of nervousness. After all Gage's favorite line when I was learning to cut his hair was, "Do you know what the difference is between a good and bad boy's haircut is?... Two weeks." So I knew that if I did a total hack job, it would be fixable in two weeks.
Not the same with a girl! Cheyenne's hair on the top of her head was a good 2 inches longer than the rest of her hair (it never got rubbed off). I finally got up the guts to cut it off. I was so afraid that I would cut it off then hate myself for doing it, that it would look worse than it did when it was long and hanging in her eyes.
She didn't want to sit still, she was sure that she should be able to play with the scissors. Gage wasn't home to help, he was opposed to cutting her hair until she was at least one, but after a couple weeks he gave in and said I could. So I decided to spare him having to watch. All the stress was for nothing. It turned out fine, even though it isn't professional, and has a couple uneven spots. I think she looks very cute, now it can all grow in together. The best part... I can still put it up in ponytails like before. YEAH!Some other new achievements for Cheyenne... At 9 months 3 weeks and 2 days old, she finally figured out how to crawl! I loved the immobile stage, but she has been so frustrated for the past couple weeks trying to figure this out, now she is so much happier! About 2 weeks ago she learned how to sit herself up from her belly, so at least I had a warning that this was just around the corner (and a little time to prep the house).
She loves to follow Trevin around (and MOM) she has already started to try pulling herself up on things, but hasn't tried standing up. She is so much fun to watch, I absolutely love her!HAPPY 10 MONTH BIRTHDAY!

TREVIN THE COWBOY...
I had to add this in here, it's one I don't want to forget. Last night Trevin saw Gage's cowboy hat in our closet and said "Dad, COWBOY hat, Trevin Mease" (translation- Please) So Gage got it down and gave it to him. He put it on his head and walked out of the closet. Where he immediately stopped. Bent his knees out like they were bowed. Took off his hat and swung it around in a circle above his head, while he yelled, "YEE HAW!" I laughed so hard.
I grabbed the camera and tried to get Trevin to do it again... this is as close as I got, you can see that he is saying Yeehaw in the picture. I love this kid!

2 comments:

David and Camillia said...

Your kids are so cute! It seems like that keep you pretty entertained. :)

joni said...

Aw I didn't know she's crawling now! You should have done a demonstration for us yesterday! That's so fun. Trevin is hilarious... this age really is fun. (despite all the tantrums of course) They say the funniest things!