Friday, September 25, 2009


We had the funnest Saturday last week! I misplaced my camera but now it is found and I can finally post. Saturday morning we all slept in. At our house Trevin is usually up by 7:30 or 8:00 and Cheyenne around 8:30. When I woke up and looked at the clock it was 9:00 what a miracle! We didn't have any real plans for the day... Just yard work. Then I remembered that my work party was that morning. So we woke up the kids and all got ready. We were in Eden by about 11:00, just in time to help blow up the HOT AIR BALLOON! I thought it was so cool. Trevin was pretty interested to. There are going to be a lot of pictures but you'll get to see it minute by minute! Gage was all hands on... while I tried to keep the very excited Trevin from running to the Balloon.

Step 1: Hauling the balloon to the field or where ever you are launching from. If I remember right the material of the balloon weighs 250 lbs.
Step 2: Inflation with cold air. There was a big fan that they turned on that started to blow it up. You can see Gage on the far side of the balloon. He got to hold the balloon opening.
Step 3: Pull the balloon out of the case so it can inflate. That is one heavy bag!
Step 4: Wait and Watch. It is a very big balloon for one fan to fill, even if it is a big fan...
Step 5: Be amazed. Look at the size of this thing. And it's only half full! Doesn't Gage look tiny standing next to it. We actually walked inside the balloon at this point. Cindy took pictures and I can't wait to get them from her!
Step 6: Bring on the Heat. This is when they turn on the burners and the balloon starts to rise. Being careful to keep the material far away from the flame.
It's fun to watch the balloon lift off the ground, especially once you know how heavy they are. Step 7: Appreciate all the work everyone put in and get ready to go UP!So this next picture is my favorite from the day. Trevin absolutely loves balloons, he gets one every time we go to Roberts and I have to secretly deflate them during his nap a few days later. So this over sized balloon was the best thing ever! He was just so happy to watch it. He would look at Gage and Me then point to the balloon and say "Baoon Baoon" It is so much fun to watch your kids get excited about something!
Gage manned the Drag line while Trevin, Cheyenne and I watched.
Next it was our turn. Just Gage and me (And the PILOT). We strapped Trevin into his stroller then waved to him and Chey as we flew. It is the oddest feeling right when the basket lifts off the ground. Having the tether lines made it seem not so scary. I had a lot of fun and the pilots were great to answer all our questions. They really did make sure we all had fun. Look for Trevin and Cheyenne (green stroller and car seat with blue blanket).
A little while later we got to take Trevin and Cheyenne up. This is Trevin as we lift of the ground, he isn't so sure about the really loud burners. He cried the whole way up, Cheyenne loved it.
Once we were up and the burners weren't used as much Trevin did just fine, especially when Gage helped him look over the edge. This is a picture while we were coming down. Me, Gage and Cheyenne flyin' high! We had so much fun. Much better than yard work!
Later, Saturday afternoon. We picked up a swing set that our good friends had offered us. Trevin couldn't wait for us to get is set up so he could play on it. We've had it for almost a week now and he has spent who knows how many hours going down the slide, running to the trampoline and jumping then back to the slide. He is just a hair too short to get on the swing by himself, but I'm sure he'll figure that out soon.

To top off the day we had a great adult session of our Stake conference that night! With great speakers and talks that focused on family and Eternal Marriage. I love knowing that my family is forever!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like you guys had soo much fun!
I have always wanted to go in a hot air balloon, me and ty went to the festival in morgan last year, and we went to the lighting portion cause we mixed up the days, oh well another year