Wednesday, July 2, 2008

YELLOWSTONE

Another summer adventure... I haven't been to Yellowstone National park since I was just a kid, and let me tell you I pry didn't appreciate it as much as I should have... We had a chance to spend the weekend in West Yellowstone with Miles, Sherry, Ryan and Gerin. It was a blast. Bison are always bigger than I remember and slower. The slow part I will definately remember after this trip. We waited for two hours for a herd of buffalo to cross the road, not as fun as it sounds. We only saw a few stragglers by the time we got to the front of the very long line of cars, but like I said very memorable! The geysers are always impressive, I loved Old Faithful! I took video so you could all see it too, but me being as computer illiterate as I am , I've tried to put it on here...TWICE... with no luck....maybe I can get Gage to help.

Earthquake lake was quite a sight to see, I never believed that an earthquake could form a lake but I was wrong. ( A little history, 1950's there was an earthquake that caused a huge landslide, that stopped the river that was flowing through the canyon. As a result the water built up creating a lake.) The Pine trees that used to line the banks of river are dead, but still standing, only now you can only see the tops sticking up in the middle of the Lake. Pretty impressive...Don't miss this if you ever make it to the Yellowstone area:)

I think Trevin's favorite stop was the grizzly bear museum, only because he wasn't stuck in the car. Bears are so lazy, but alot of fun to watch. The bears put on quite a show, finding food that had been hidden. Sam was our favorite, he was the biggest and the most aggresive to find the food.

We made it home, and now it is back to real life... for a while ;)

No comments: