Saturday, April 26, 2008

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

I have an amazing baby that has slept through the night from day one. But, every now and then he likes to remind me how good I have it. Last night was one of those nights. We put him to bed at about 9:30pm and by 10:30 he was up and crying. We tried everything to make him happy, bottles, diaper changes, tylenol, bouncing, pacing, cuddling... the list goes on. He finally gave in to sleep at about 4:30am and I was able to finally hit the sack too. I can't complain though, this is probably only the second time I've had to pull an all-nighter with him. Gage is such a great dad, he is probably the only guy I know that would sleep on the couch while I rock Trevin, just in case we need something. And I love him for it.
We had quite a busy day yesterday, so I'm really surprised that Trevin didn't sleep well. We played all morning on our stomachs, practiced sitting up and even standing! We went out to lunch with Sugar and Cass, to the bank and he even helped me mow the lawn. I put him in a little carrier, He loved it. I thought that the noise might scare him but, by the time we were almost done he was asleep. Gage wasn't so sure about our lawn mowing job... If it wasn't awkward enough carrying a baby between you and the lawn mower, just add in that I've never used a self-propelled law mower (which i know is supposed to make it easy, but I beg to differ). I had a hard time keeping up with the thing, you can just forget making straight lines. To make things worse Gage had adjusted the lawn mower height settings. But after going around the edges of the yard, I swear I was hitting dirt so, I adjusted the settings higher. As you can imagine the bald edges around our yard really do look funny, I'm sure our neighbors (in-laws) really enjoyed seeing that. But lets look at the upside... Gage will pry never ask me to mow the lawn! ;)
Just in case you were wondering Trevin is back to his happy, jabbering self this morning. :)

No comments: