Friday, June 4, 2010

FRISBEE...GOLF...FROLF?

We had a really great weekend. Friday night we had Mike and Sierra over for dinner and decided that Saturday we would head out Golfing... kind of... DISC GOLF that is! We got a couple of discs for Mike for Christmas and Gage has been looking for any chance to get a couple for himself. This was it, and it really was so worth it. Gage had to go into work for a couple of hours on Saturday, but that worked out really well since the Disc golf coarse is right next door (basically). This is the first hole. It took us a minute to find it, over a hill and far away! There was a couple of groups ahead of us that we waited for.(I couldn't believe how many people were there.) It only took a couple of holes and then they were well in front of us... lets just say I could definitely use some practice... I couldn't believe how far they could throw the discs! It did give us a great chance for some fun panoramic pictures!For all of you that are unfamiliar with the game, let me give you a quick run down. It is just like real golfing, except you use discs... Distance Drivers, Fairway Drivers, Midrange drivers, Putters, etc... and the holes aren't in the ground. And instead of having a nice mostly clear fairway.. you often go straight through the trees. We all had a lot of fun, we only had a couple of discs so we played on teams...Crabtrees vs. Coombs. We didn't keep score for very long.. we'll pretend that's because we all needed practice but in reality...we were losing! Gage starting out hole 7.
Trevin loved to play with the putter!
I was awful and definitely couldn't have kept up with the boys... I'm glad I was always up against Sierra, that way i only lost by a small margin. A sweet picture of Si, showing off her skills.
It usually took me and Sierra about 3 throws just to make it down the fairway. The holes were really far away. In this pic we already threw once.I must admit, half of the fun was trying to find your disc when a throw was way off... no wonder they make those discs neon colors!
I hope we get to go again soon.

1 comment:

Jennica said...

Disc golf is way fun, my brother in law is really into it.